How to be perfect like me /Material type: BookPublisher: Las Vegas, NV : Central Recovery Press, 2018.Description: 198 pages ; 23 cm.ISBN: 9781942094715; 194209471X.Subject(s): Bowman, Dana (Blogger) | Recovering alcoholics -- Biography | Motherhood -- Humor | Conduct of life -- Humor | Biography | HumorSummary: Striving for perfection in her life, Dana Bowman has the startling realization that recovery is not only about the alcohol.
|Item type||Home library||Collection||Shelving location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||Altadena Main Library||Adult Collection||Adult New Arrivals||BIO BOW, D. (Browse shelf)||Long Overdue (Lost)||39270004735738|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Recover. Rinse. Repeat.
Dana Bowman can't escape the lure of perfectionism, trying to be a flawless wife, mother, and person in recovery. When Dana experiences a short-lived relapse during the Christmas holiday, she has the startling realization that recovery is more than just giving up alcohol. In this funny and revealing follow-up to her best-selling book Bottled , Dana reflects on how we live in a society of excess, always pushing ourselves to do and be better. However, it doesn't take her long to realize that self-care and getting over herself is the key to happiness.Written with humor and laugh-out-loud sarcasm offering a refreshing perspective on an issue affecting everyone in society Dana Bowman's first book, Bottled: A Mom's Guide to Early Recovery , published by Central Recovery Press, was chosen as a 2016 Kansas Notable Book. Author is a prolific and personable writer with a rapidly growing following and social media presence. Her successful site momsieblog.com receives up to 12,000 visitors a month.
Striving for perfection in her life, Dana Bowman has the startling realization that recovery is not only about the alcohol.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Introduction (p. 1)
- Part 1 Less (p. 5)
- Chapter 1 How to Be Perfect (p. 7)
- Chapter 2 How to Stop Buying All the Self-Help Books (p. 15)
- Chapter 3 How to Be an Alcoholic (p. 23)
- Chapter 4 How Not to Be an Alcoholic (p. 33)
- Chapter 5 How to Relapse in Footie Pajamas (p. 41)
- Chapter 6 How to Master the Ugly Cry (p. 55)
- Chapter 7 How to Deal with Relentless Disappointment (p. 63)
- Chapter 8 How to Live a Rich and Fulfilling Fake Life (p. 73)
- Chapter 9 How to Recover from Being Human (p. 85)
- Chapter 10 How to Be Cool (p. 99)
- Part 2 More (p. 107)
- Chapter 11 How to Shop at Costco and Not Give In to Despair (p. 109)
- Chapter 12 How to Be Married and Content at the Same Time (p. 117)
- Chapter 13 How to Escape Your Family (p. 131)
- Chapter 14 How to Fire Your Inner Bartender (p. 141)
- Part 3 Enough (p. 155)
- Chapter 15 How to Be Sad (p. 157)
- Chapter 16 How to Be Happy (p. 167)
- Chapter 17 How to Say No and How to Say Yes (p. 181)
- Chapter 18 How to Cry at a Coffee Shop (p. 193)
- Acknowledgments (p. 197)