Yoga therapy for stress & anxiety : create a personalized holistic plan to balance your life /Material type: BookPublisher: Woodbury, Minnesota : Llewellyn Publications, Edition: First edition.Description: xxii, 327 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.ISBN: 9780738745756; 0738745758.Other title: Yoga therapy for stress and anxiety.Subject(s): Hatha yoga -- Therapeutic use | Stress management | Anxiety -- Treatment | Anxiety -- Treatment | Hatha yoga -- Therapeutic use | Stress management
|Item type||Home library||Collection||Shelving location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||Altadena Main Library||Adult Collection||Adult NonFiction||613.7 BUT (Browse shelf)||Long Overdue (Lost)||39270004534172|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Create a personalized path to healing with this step-by-step guide to holistic change. Comprehensive and accessible no matter your skill level, Yoga Therapy for Stress and Anxietyhelps you understand what creates a stress-filled life so that you may choose a life of ease instead. Through yoga practice and the lesser-known lifestyle aspects of yoga, you will be able to face all situations from the calm perspective of the higher self.
Incorporating exercises, breathing techniques, meditation, and many other tools, this guide provides effective methods for repairing areas of imbalance and identifying your needs. Learn about the five yogic paths of psychology, intellect, health, work, and relationships. Apply a variety of yoga postures for relaxation, improved attitude and sleep, self-acceptance, and more. With the transformative power of a whole-lifestyle approach, you will achieve wellness in your mind, body, and soul.
"A comprehensive and extremely accessible guide for modern health. Grounded in the ancient practices, the three authors weave modern understanding into practical tools that will serve all of us far into the future."--Matthew J. Taylor, PT, PhD, past president of the International Association of Yoga Therapists and author of Fostering Creativity in Rehabilitation
Includes bibliographical references.
Foundations of stress and anxiety. Yoga therapy's role in relieving stress and anxiety ; How beliefs result in stress and anxiety ; Redefine your beliefs ; How anxiety influences the many body layers (koshas) -- The five yogic paths. The yogic path of psychology (self-understanding) ; The yogic path of the intellect (getting out of your head) ; The yogic path of health ; The yogic path of work ; The yogic path of relationships and emotions -- Making yoga therapy a lifestyle. Overcoming barriers to the anxiety-free life ; From stress management to stress transformation -- Appendices. The language of yoga ; How yoga poses relate to stress and anxiety ; Finding a comprehensive yoga therapist.
A guide to creating a stress-free life through yoga practice and the lesser-known lifestyle aspects of yoga, including exercises, breathing techniques, mediation, and yoga poses for relaxation, improved attitude and sleep, and self-acceptance.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Foreword: Authors' Stories (p. xxi)
- Introduction (p. 1)
- Part I Foundations of Stress and Anxiety (p. 13)
- Chapter 1 Yoga Therapy's Role in Relieving Stress and Anxiety (p. 15)
- Chapter 2 How Beliefs Result in Stress and Anxiety (p. 37)
- Chapter 3 Redefine Your Beliefs (p. 59)
- Chapter 4 How Anxiety Influences the Many Body Layers (Koshas) (p. 89)
- Part II The Five Yogic Paths (p. 113)
- Chapter 5 The Yogic Path of Psychology (Self-Understanding) (p. 115)
- Chapter 6 The Yogic Path of the Intellect (Getting Out of Your Head) (p. 149)
- Chapter 7 The Yogic Path of Health (p. 169)
- Chapter 8 The Yogic Path of Work (p. 193)
- Chapter 9 The Yogic Path of Relationships and Emotions (p. 219)
- Part III Making Yoga Therapy a Lifestyle (p. 245)
- Chapter 10 Overcoming Barriers to the Anxiety-Free Life (p. 247)
- Chapter 11 From Stress Management to Stress Transformation (p. 267)
- Appendices (p. 291)
- The Language of Yoga (p. 293)
- How Yoga Poses Relate to Stress and Anxiety (p. 295)
- Finding a Comprehensive Yoga Therapist (p. 309)
- Acknowledgements (p. 315)
- Recommended Reading (p. 319)
- Glossary of Sanskrit and Frequently Used English Terms (p. 321)