Compassion : living in the spirit of St. Francis /
by Delio, Ilia.Material type: BookPublisher: Cincinnati, Ohio : St. Anthony Messenger Press, ©2011Description: xvi, 142 pages ; 22 cm.ISBN: 9781616361624; 161636162X.Title notes: BRA $14.99 5/11/2016Subject(s): Compassion -- Religious aspects -- Christianity | Francis, of Assisi, Saint, 1182-1226 | Franciscan Sisters -- Works by | Francis, of Assisi, Saint, 1182-1226
|Item type||Home library||Collection||Shelving location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||Bob Lucas Memorial Library||Adult Collection||Adult NonFiction||BRANCH 241.4 DEL||Available||39270003872300|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
What is compassion and how does it emerge in the human heart? What moves one to compassion? Can we learn compassion as a way of life? Can we let go of our fears to love more deeply?<br> <br> Compassion guides us through the life of Francis, tracing hisgrowth from a selfish, materialistic young man to the humble,holy saint beloved by millions. With this book as your guide, youcan do simple things every day to discover a more compassionate,open, fearless, and loving life--just as St. Francis did.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 128-142).
The marketplace of exchange -- The wilderness of the heart -- The geography of the soul -- The pillars of poverty and humility -- The seeds of compassion -- Contemplation and compassion -- The canticle of compassion -- Cyberspace and compassion -- Community -- Passion.
BRA $14.99 5/11/2016
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Acknowledgments (p. xi)
- Introduction (p. xiii)
- Chapter 1 The Marketplace of Exchange (p. 1)
- Chapter 2 The Wilderness of the Heart (p. 14)
- Chapter 3 The Geography of the Soul (p. 25)
- Chapter 4 The Pillars of Poverty and Humility (p. 34)
- Chapter 5 The Seeds of Compassion (p. 47)
- Chapter 6 Contemplation and Compassion (p. 64)
- Chapter 7 The Canticle of Compassion (p. 75)
- Chapter 8 Cyberspace and Compassion (p. 92)
- Chapter 9 Community (p. 104)
- Chapter 10 Passion (p. 115)
- Conclusion (p. 124)
- Notes (p. 128)