Cookies for grown-ups /
by Cooper, Kelly.Material type: BookPublisher: New York, NY : Red Rock Press, c2012Description: 136 p. : col. ill. ; 24 cm.ISBN: 9781933176420 (hbk.) :; 1933176423 (hbk.).Title notes: $23.99 6-2014 (db)Subject(s): Cookies | CookbooksSummary: Offers recipes for sophisticated sweet and savory cookies using a variety of unusual ingredients along with beverage pairings.
|Item type||Home library||Collection||Shelving location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||Altadena Main Library||Adult Collection||Adult NonFiction||641.8654 COO||Available||39270003765124|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Kelly Cooper's Cookies for Grown-ups is bold and quirky, savoury yes, but sweet, too, and full of surprises. Her creations pair with cocktails and wine; one sandwiches a chocolate habanero after-kick between orange-vanilla layers, another links pear and blue cheese.
$23.99 6-2014 (db)
Offers recipes for sophisticated sweet and savory cookies using a variety of unusual ingredients along with beverage pairings.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Introduction (p. 7)
- Chapter 1 A Toast to the Good Life: Bold flavor combinations for good times with family and friends (p. 10)
- Chapter 2 Baby, It's Cold Outside: Come on in and get comfortable with cookies to warm belly and soul (p. 26)
- Chapter 3 Game Time: Playful goodies for sports fans of all kinds - whether in the stadium or on the couch (p. 38)
- Chapter 4 Seduction: Decadent morsels for two - when everyone and everything else fade (p. 50)
- Chapter 5 Ladies Who Lunch: Tasty bites to share with best girlfriends (p. 62)
- Pairing Album: Author's favorite cookie and drink pairs (p. 67)
- Chapter 6 Guys' Night In: Manly cookies for reliving past adventures or planning new ones (p. 80)
- Chapter 7 I Want to Say ...: Thank you. Happy Birthday. Congratulations. Feel better (p. 92)
- Chapter 8 All Night Long: Satisfaction guaranteed for the midnight munchies (p. 104)
- Chapter 9 I'll Think About That Tomorrow: Life moves awfully fast. Pause, exhale and take time for yourself. (p. 118)
- Index (p. 133)