101 success secrets for gifted kids : the ultimate handbook /Material type: BookPublisher: Waco, TX : Prufrock Press, c2011Description: xi, 191 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.ISBN: 9781593635442; 1593635443.Other title: One hundred one success secrets for gifted kids; One hundred and one success secrets for gifted kids.Subject(s): Gifted children -- Juvenile literature
|Item type||Home library||Collection||Shelving location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||Altadena Main Library||Children's Collection||Children's NonFiction||j 155.45 FON||Available||39270003488776|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
<p>Pssst! Want to know a secret? 101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids: The Ultimate Handbook is a must-read for gifted kids ages 8 to 12 who want to find success in school and life. If you're a gifted kid or you know gifted kids, you need the 101 awesome secrets, tips, and tricks included in this book!</p> <p>Chock full of fun suggestions and practical strategies, 101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids covers topics including bullying, school performance, perfectionism, friendships, and sibling rivalries. Fun quizzes, tip sheets, and practical Q & A sections from other gifted preteens and kids make this book fun to read and give gifted kids insight into everything they've ever wanted to know about being gifted. Proven strategies on dealing with stress management, parents' and teachers' expectations, anxiety, cyber-bullying, friendship troubles, and more make this the must-have guide for every gifted kid!</p>
Includes bibliographical references (p. 187-189).
I'm gifted? what does that mean? -- The good, the bad, and the stressful -- I'm not crazy, I'm just smart -- Why homework takes so long and other school mysteries -- If I was really smart, this wouldn't be so hard -- Pressure? what pressure? -- Too many chiefs -- I am who I am -- What is "normal" anyways? -- Why are you yelling at me? -- What? I'm allowed to say "no"? -- Stop trying to fix me, I'm not broken.
School Library Journal, September 2011
Offers gifted children 101 strategies to help them succeed in school and deal with some of the challenges they might face, covering topics such as bullying, school performance, perfectionism, friendships, and sibling rivalries.
5-8 Follett Library Resources.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- Acknowledgements (p. xi)
- Introduction (p. 1)
- A Word to Parents (p. 3)
- Part I And so It Begins (p. 5)
- Chapter 1 I'm Gifted? What Does That Mean? (p. 7)
- Chapter 2 The Good, the Bad, and the Stressful (p. 17)
- Chapter 3 I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Smart (p. 29)
- Part II The World of School (p. 43)
- Chapter 4 Why Homework Takes So Long and Other School Mysteries (p. 45)
- Chapter 5 If I Was Really Smart, This Wouldn't Be So Hard (p. 61)
- Chapter 6 Pressure? What Pressure? (p. 77)
- Part III The World of Friends (p. 89)
- Chapter 7 Too Many Chiefs (p. 91)
- Chapter 8 I Am Who I Am (p. 105)
- Chapter 9 What Is "Normal" Anyways? (p. 121)
- Part IV The World of Family (p. 139)
- Chapter 10 Why Are You Yelling at Me? (p. 141)
- Chapter 11 What? I'm Allowed to Say, "No"? (p. 155)
- Chapter 12 Stop Trying to Fix Me, I'm Not Broken (p. 169)
- Recommended Resources (p. 187)
- References (p. 189)
- About the Author (p. 191)