Junk beautiful : room by room makeovers with junkmarket style /Material type: BookPublisher: Newtown, CT : Taunton Press, c2008Description: 204 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.ISBN: 9781561589814 (pbk.) :; 1561589810 (pbk.).Title notes: $21.95 prolam 12-2008 (db)Subject(s): Found objects (Art) in interior decoration
|Item type||Home library||Collection||Shelving location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||Altadena Main Library||Adult Collection||Adult NonFiction||747 WHI||Available||39270003175514|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
<p>One person's trash is another's treasure. That's a fact of life that the Junkmarket gals know only too well. Through their annual Minneapolis fleamarket, The Junk Bonanza, web site junkmarketstyle.com, and tireless touring, Sue Whitney and Ki Nassauer have helped countless devotees transform junk into one-of-a-kind furnishings and accessories. Working their magic on every room of the house--from kitchen to home office--they present conversational case studies that introduce the clients and explore their needs.</p> <p>With characteristic humor in tow, they take readers through each renovation adventure, from shopping for recycled materials to the actual construction projects. Junk Beautiful also includes a complete materials lists, plus paint chips and fabric swatches, so that everything can be recreated down to the last delicious detail.</p>
$21.95 prolam 12-2008 (db)
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Take on your whole house, and make each ho-hum room oh-so-fabulous with flea market finds. Includes how-to instructions for nearly thirty projects.
Reuse, repurpose, refresh -- A sunny forecast -- Shipshape supper club -- Delectable dining -- Laundry lounge -- Making an entrance -- Living room luxury -- A suite bedroom -- Executive home office -- Spa among the cedars -- How to make the rest.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- 1 Sun Porch: Nesting table, Birdcage lamp, Potato crate toy storage, Daybed
- 2 Kitchen: Whisk Broom Window Coverings, Sewing table, Dog bed, Black easel with castors
- 3 Dining Room: Plastic shutters/blinds, Rounded-seat bench
- 4 Laundry Room: Bulletin board, Twine Holder, Thread Caddy
- 5 Mudroom: Hand drill coat rack, Key organizer, wall shelving unit
- 6 Living Room: How to is oyster harvester curtain rods and curtains, Iron gate coffee table, corbel pic holder
- 7 Bedroom: Water fountain
- 8 Office: Clock, Desk
- 9 Bathroom: Decoupage Chair, Camp stove candle holders and shutter shelf